(Additional rules apply for the $25,000 jackpot)
$25,000 perch date is to be announced.
1. Dates and Time
- 2011 Contest dates are June 25, July 9th and July 30, 2011.
- Contest fishing time is 6 AM to noon (CST). 2. Entry Fee - Entry fee is $10 per person per contest.
- Entry fee to be paid at Chief's Bait, 1114 W. 4th St., Michigan City, Ind.
- No entry fees will be accepted after the start of a contest (6 AM).
- Entry fee includes admission to the perch feast and banquet on the evening of Aug. 20, 2011. 3. Prizes
100% payout through cash and prizes!
- A Chief's Championship Perch Series traveling trophy will be awarded to the team
with the highest total weight over the three contests. 4. Fishing Rules
- This is a team contest. A team may consist of one or any number of anglers. Every
person on board a boat must be entered in the contest.
- A maximum of 30 perch per team may be weighed.
- No contest team may have fishing lines in the water before 6 a.m. (CST) or after
- Lake Michigan harbors and piers may be fished.
- All state regulations and laws apply while within that state's jurisdiction.
- Weigh-in will take place at the Trail Creek Marina fish cleaning station.
- Any catch not in line at the weigh-in by 1 p.m. (CST) will be disqualified.
- No sorting or "test weighing" will be allowed. Teams must have their heaviest single
fish and total catch identified for the judges.
- Cancellation of a contest date will be made by 5 a.m. (CST) and announced via
marine radio channel 19.
- In the event of a contest day cancellation, the "rain date" will be the following day
(Sunday). No refunds will be made.
- All perch will be examined for freshness and may be disallowed at the discretion of
- All boats may be subject to inspection prior to and during a contest. Observation
boats will be on the water.
- Violation of a fishing rule may result in disqualification.
- Protests must be made in writing within 30 minutes of the last perch being weighed.
- In case of dispute, the decision of contest judges is final.
5. Perch Feast & Banquet
- All perch will become the property of tournament operators to be used for a huge perch fry, which
is free to CCPS entrants, on the evening of Aug. 20, 2011 inside the "Boat Show" tent.
- An awards banquet honoring the winners and recognizing the contributors will take place inside the
tent on the evening of Aug. 20th.
*** For more information on CCPS, stop in Chief's Bait***